imotiv

Popular Posts

Friday, May 1, 2009

Pinamalayan Open Champion

After Tarlac, life must go on...
In short notice, we (Mel, Jojo, Arnel, Judge and I) joined the Pinamalayan Chess Open last April 19, 2009.
The team agreed to share the winnings equally among ourselves if there is any.
Mel, Jojo & I fought galantly while Judge and Arnel suffered temporary setbacks. On the 3rd round however, I became careless and lost to Glenn of Socorro. I annihilated my succeeding opponents to end up 4 points out of 5 games. Enough for joint first place with Mel, Jojo, Glenn and to our suprise my victim in the first round (who was not in the top boards despite wins).
The pairing was not well done resulting to questionable results.
When tie was broken, I emerged champion. Mel was third while Jojo was 5th place . Thanks to the score of my opponents which was considered in the tie break.
Special thanks to Nelson of Pinamalayan Chess Club. I am looking forward on depending my throne next year. (lol)

1 comment: